Wednesday 30 July 2008

Singapore

I decided to book into a hotel on the Orchard Road for my last two nights so that I could treat myself to a bit of well needed pampering. I got my hair done as it was so out of condition and bleached blond from the sun it looked a mess. I also had a manicure and pedicure and then spent the rest of my first day window shopping. Well ok I was looking for clothes but couldn't really find anything that I loved, plus I already had far too much stuff to try and cram into my rucksack.

Whilst I knew Singapore was renowned for its shopping I still couldn't quite get over just how many malls there were on one road. It really was quite incredible with every type of shop imaginable. All the food stalls were amazing too and I ate far too much, sampling the different types on offer.

My second day in Singapore I took the city sightseeing bus to the Indian, Chinese and Muslim quarters. Wandered along the river and of course went and checked out Raffles. The bar wasn't open unfortunately so I couldn't try a Singapore Sling, but I did treat myself to a necklace from Tiffany's instead.

I then headed out to the Botanical Gardens and wandered around the Orchid Garden which was truly stunning, before lying in the sun and reading my book. This would have been bliss had I not got bitten from head to toe and am now trying hard not to scratch.

I arrived home yesterday so am sat at home typing this, determined to finish my blog before I start back at work on Monday. It is lovely seeing my family again and I can't wait to catch up with friends over the coming weeks.

I now look forward to sorting through all my photos and remembering all the amazing places I have been, things I have done and people I have met. Plus starting to plan my next trip wherever and whenever that may be!

1 comment:

designer said...

hi, i am oguzhan i am from city istanbul your blog good, because your travel in photo good :) but i am only go to china , because my trade country i am new here , i can download photo next time. why i will send message because i want to be friend you and me msn friend , you can accept me ?
this msn my adress , underpack@hotmail.com